Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sydney



Today we had to put our little Schnauzer, Sydney to sleep. She has been sick for several months now and there was not much more that we could do for her. We were very sad that we had to make this choice, but feel that it is the best choice for her and us. Our other dog, Doc is already very sad and we can tell that he misses her. We explained everything to Taylor before we went to the vet. We told him that we were taking Sydney to the doctor and he was going to help her fall asleep and that when she woke up, she would be in heaven. He could not understand why we would be sad about this and told me that heaven is a happy place. So we went and took her in and I of course fell apart when they took Syd away. Taylor wanted to know what was wrong. I told him that I was going to miss Sydney. He told Chris to stop the can and go back and get Sydney. That broke my heart. We had both of our dogs long before our children, so we are pretty attached to them and consider them a part of our family. Taylor asked me if Sydney was in heaven, I told him that I think she is and we can see her when we get there. When you have to do such a hard thing, I really have to believe that this is true.

No comments: