Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And So it Begins

What an amazing day in history. I am pretty much speechless, but still so thankful for the right to participate in the voting process and see democracy at work. My heart is full of joy.
My parents have instilled what an amazing blessing it is to live in this country, "The Promised Land" and the obligation that we have to help choose what kind of country we want this to be by participating in the political process in any way that we can. We were also taught to respect and support our leaders, whether we agree with them or not.
I remember the day that my mom took us out of school to see President Reagan's limo drive down the street in Cheyenne Wyoming. Thanks, Mom.
President Obama is the second great man that I have helped vote into office, and I hope not the last.


No comments: