Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Kickin'

Hi all. It's been a long time and a very long summer. I'm still trying to recover from my surgery, but there have been many bumps along the way that we are still attempting to resolve. So the kids haven't had a super fun mommy this summer. Hopefully things will get better soon. My garden, is having a terrible summer. I'm just praying that my fruit trees and berry bushes survive.

We have been blessed to have Aunt Cassie come and stay with us since May and she has become one of the family. I think my dad even told her that he considers her to be half Mexican, like the rest of us of course. This is a high honor.

We've also gotten to do some fun things since Monterey. Raging waters has passes this year when you go once, it pays for your whole summer pass, so we've been trying to go with Jac and Hyrum once a week. We also got to take Heather, Emma, Sara and Grandma Vicki. Next it's Grandpa Bob's turn. It's been lots of fun and nice, since grandma and grandpa moved and had to leave their pool at their old house (Taylor still doesn't understand why they couldn't take the yard when they left).

Lylee is in ballet class once a week and absolutely LOVES it! She walks around on her tippy toes and does ballerina turns all week long.

Taylor started out in gymnastics, which he really liked, but we decided to move him to Taekwondo which is twice a week and uses a lot more energy each session. So far he really loves the kicking and the punching.

I've been making jam and jelly on our hottest of days, smart I know. And Chris has just gone back to the extra board at work after a few months on a regular afternoon job.

So, that's pretty much the Anderson family summer update. I'll post pictures when we get our new computer, hopefully next week.

1 comment:

Stacey Mortensen said...

Sounds like you have had a busy but fun summer. I hear it only gets busier as our children get older...we will always be running from one place to the next. Hope you are all well.