Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008


Happy 2008! 2007 was an incredible year. I can't believe that Lylee has only been here for tem months, it feels like she's been part of our family forever! She's getting so big, standing by herself and climbing up in the little rocking chair at Grandma Vicki's. She's even starting to warm up to new people and not freak out every time I leave her. (This is very exciting and also a bit sad. It's nice to feel so needed.)
Taylor is a big preschool kid who loves school and all of his friends. He loves church and I can't believe that he will be a Sunbeam in Primary starting this Sunday!! He still amazes me every day with some new little thing that he says or does. The latest is answering everything "Yes, Sir." I told him that I'm mommy, and not a sir and he just looks at me and says, "Ok , Yes, Sir, Mommy." What can you do? His other new words are weird and lovely. It just cracks me up to hear him trying out his new words and try to put them correctly in a sentence. Last night he asked me "isn't this a lovely party Mommy?"
We had an early New Year celebration. We had our holiday prime rib dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's house. We took all of our little instruments with us and Taylor passed one to everyone so we could all play them together when it was the New Year. We celebrated at nine o'clock with New York and I'm amazed that my kids made it that late. It was quick, but fun. We looked at our last night of Christmas lights on the way home, tucked the kids in bed and Chris went to work.
Not super eventful, but good.
Happy New Year!

No comments: