Saturday, May 31, 2008

Amazing...

This afternoon, I'm sitting on the couch with my kids and we're just hanging out. All of a sudden, Taylor, who is 3 1/2, states "With liberty and justice for all!" Stunned, I look at him and ask what that is (to see if he knows what he's talking about) and he says, "That's the pledge of allegiance mom." Okay, I ask him where he learned that and he tells me, "Miss Aline and Miss Melanie". So I ask him if he knows the whole thing and he asks me to say it with him. What a WOW moment! He knew it, there were a couple of words that he needed help with, but WOW! The funny thing is that he was just as shocked that I knew it!

He also told me, "You know Mom, you're supposed to say it while you look at the American flag."

I'm so impressed, and I had nothing to do with it (except for paying for preschool and taking him twice a week)!

Yay for school!

2 comments:

mj said...

you have one awesome kid there! hey i miss you guys...lets get together so the kiddos can play.

Jami said...

Smart and patriotic! Very cool.

All the bigs know it, but I don't think V does. I'll have to give her a quiz. Definitely not C.

My little cousin came home from school talking about pledging a wean witch. My aunt was horrified at first. Were they teaching Wiccin or something? No, no. "Allegiance" can just be hard to say.