Sunday, December 14, 2008

Building a Testimony



A few weeks ago, Taylor asked me for a white shirt and a tie for church. We found two ties and a white shirt. Last Sunday, Taylor was very specific about how he looked. I had found two ties, one was a funny one with Santa and his reindeer playing football. I thought he would pick this one. He ended up picking the solid green tie in the pictures. He was also very insistent about his shirt being tucked in and wearing a belt. (I thought we must have some pretty good examples in our ward.)

That Sunday happened to be fast Sunday. As people got up to bear their testimonies, Taylor started bouncing up and down with anticipation. I asked him if he wanted to go up there. He put out his hand and we went up to the stand together. One of the Young Women was kind enough to let us go ahead of her. When it was our turn, Taylor looked around for the stool (thanks, primary program). Then he whispered that he wanted me to go first. I quickly realized what was going on, I had born my testimony the month before, and now Taylor wanted to try.

When I finished, Taylor gave his 4-year-old testimony, which was very simple and pure. This is one of the best experiences that I have had as a mom. I am so thankful to have the priviledge to be this sweet boy's mother.

He can practice this one all that he wants, but I'm definately not ready to even think of this yet!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Cute! It is amazing that they see EVERYTHING that we do. They want to please us, and love us. I am grateful for their sweet simple spirits. It always reminds me why the Lord said to be like little children.

Anonymous said...

just think... 14 1/2 more years and that little kid on his bike will be an elder anderson on his bike with a nametag on his chest!

Heather said...

So TRUE! He looks just like a mini missionary now!