Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Unconventional Christmas Tree








This year we decided to do something a little different. I love real trees, and have had one every year since I moved out of my my parents house, but this year I just couldn't do it with all of the other things going on in our family's life.


My mom was trying to get me to get an artificial tree, that was pre-lit. I relunctly went to Micheal's with her, still adamently against a fake tree.
And look what I saw! They were on sale too! I can't say that we will use these every year, but it put a little something fun and new into our Christmas. It also gave us great opportunities to talk about Jesus Christ, his birth and where he lived.
I also got the kids each a fun little tree for their room. Taylor's is green, tinsely with green lights. Lylee's is pink, tinsely with pink lights. They also got to decorate their own trees.

2 comments:

Nat~Nat said...

Oh goodness, I just realized that I already posted the tree.

Jami said...

That's OK. A good tree can never get too much good press!