Thursday, June 18, 2009

We've Got Berries!

This week we came across a few berry deals, and since I've wanted raspberries longer than I've wanted the garden, well we now have berry bushes up in the garden. We've got Raspberries, Bluberries and Blackberries. The Blackberries look like they will even give up fruit this year! I don't know when or how, genetics I guess, but I love the garden.
I was able to get some starts from some of the plants growing in my mom and dad's yard before they moved too, so far the ones in the ground are taking to my backyard very well. Now we have to see how the plants in the water and mason jars will do. It's so exciting to finally have a backyard that we use on a daily basis.
I also planted some melons and herbs this year. I know, either crazy or ambitious. Actually it's probably a bit of both. The mint looks great and so do the cantaloupe. Doc ate the leaves on my honeydew, the little stinker, but the roots and stems are still there, so we'll wait and see!

No comments: