Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lylee on Marriage

I have a very observant little girl. The other day she was laying in bed with me and Daddy watching tv. She was playing with my wedding ring (both of my kids love to do this). After Daddy got up and left Lylee gave me a lesson on marriage. She looked down at my ring and back to me.
Lylee: "This means you're married".
Mommy: "Yes Lylee, this is my wedding ring."
Lylee: "But Daddy's not married."
Mommy: "Why isn't Daddy married? He's my husband"
Lylee: "No, he doesn't have a ring. Grandpa's not married either, just Uncle Pete. He's the only boy that's married. Taylor's not old enough"
Mommy: "Lots of men don't wear their wedding rings all the time. Daddy and Grandpa both have rings. I can show you Daddy's ring."
Lylee: "Well, Grandma's married twice. She has two diamond rings."
Mommy: "No just one is a wedding ring, the other is from Great Grandpa Lyle, her daddy."
Lylee: "Well, I'm getting married when I'm 18 or 20."
Mommy: "Really? So who are you going to marry?"
Lylee: "My boyfriend!"
Mommy: "Well who is this boyfriend?"
Lylee: Shrugs, smiles and goes in the other room.

No comments: