Saturday, December 1, 2007

Getting in the Spirit



The kids both love to look at all of the fun ornaments on the tree, as well as the decorations around the bottom. Taylor decided that it was time that he taught Lylee about trains. She listened very intently.


We all have stockings that I made. Everyone's is supposed to reflect a part of their personality. I don't think that I ever took one of Taylor with his before. I made Chris and my stockings the second Christmas that we were married. This is one of my favorite traditions in our family. It's always so fun for everyone to see what's inside on Christmas morning!!

This is our first family gingerbread house. It came from a kit. When the kids get bigger I plan to make them from scratch. That was a favorite thing that I did growing up.


This morning we had breakfast with Santa at church. My Dad has been Santa in our ward since Taylor's first Christmas, so this is always a really fun day and I love trying to get a good picture. How many Kids are lucky enough to say that their Grandpa is one of Santa's personal helpers??? This morning was fun. When Taylor sat on Santa's lap, he didn't want to leave. Lylee screamed. She was still mad later tonight when she saw Grandpa at his house.

It has been a great week. I feel like we got the holiday season off to a great start. I just hope the rest goes so well!!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

That is so great that you have Lylee's stocking already done. I still have yet to do Cami's . . . hopefully this year. I love my stocking too - thanks to you! I know it seems I tell you that every year when I get my stockings out but it's one of my favorite things about Christmas!

mj said...

so fun! i can't believe you made those stockings...they are adorable!

Kerstin said...

Those stockings are so cute...you need to teach me how!