Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dinosaurs and So Much More

TOn the 24th, we had a little family free time and decided to ride out to Thanksgiving Point to visit the Museum of Ancient Life. They have tons of cool dinosaur stuff and they also have a big IMAX theater that you can add to your ticket for an extra five bucks. I've never seen an IMAX show, so of course we said that we would try it!
The movie that we saw was about ancient sea creatures (more like monsters). Chris and I took one kid each and settled in with our cool movie glasses. Taylor was with Chris, and did great until a guy that looks just like the guy in the above picture jumped out of the screen at us. Taylor let out a horrified scream (which caused the entire theater to turn and see who could produce such a sound), then he buried his face in Daddy's chest and stayed until the lights came on. Lylee was a little squirmy, but fell asleep quickly in my arms. She's become my little cuddly bunny during this trip since sleeping with me every night. Now she's in her own bed, but is still cuddly with me. I love that!

There are several sets of movies that they are creating and filming on site at the museum. They are absolutely amazing little models.
I never knew that there were such little dinosaurs!

More Dinosaurs!
We had a great time. There were several "hands on" stops for the kids to build canyons, color fossils or build your own big stuffed dinosaur. This is a great and fun place to go for the family. I'm sure we'll go back again!


2 comments:

Becca said...

That would be an experience - going to the IMAX. I don't think I've ever been to one either - especially in 3-D. I'm not a shark-lover so I'm sure that same part would have scared me!

Heather said...

Emma was suprised at the Shark. She thought it was going to eat Taylor. She thought the dinosaurs were pretty cool, but she liked the pictures of Taylor "her buddy"