Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thank Heaven for Friends

I have had a lot of ups and downs over the last while and at times have felt very lost and alone in my struggles. Last week, I asked Chris and my dad to give me a blessing. I received a beautiful blessing and I felt much better after. I thought I was very smart and that I would immediately see results from inside myself.

Boy, was I off base. In the last several days I have had poured blessings from outside of my little circle at home. I have been blessed with impromptu visits and phone calls, I have been blessed with delicious cookies on a night that I really needed a pick me up. I've run into friends that I haven't seen in a while and had the chance to reconnect with them. My extended family has been very aware and helpful with me and my children. I have my own little army to take care of and protect me and my family.

I believe that the, or one of the main blessings that have been poured out on me was that my Heavenly Father reminded me that I am a part of something larger than myself. I am a child of God. I am a daughter and granddaughter. I am a wife. I am a mother of two of God's beautiful children. I am a neighbor. I am a friend. I am proud of each of these elements that are alive inside me.


3 comments:

Becca said...

Natalie ~ that was all so beautifully put, it brought tears to my eyes! I'm sending you a hug!! Sure do miss you!

Nat~Nat said...

Thanks Becca. I miss you too!

Jami said...

Natalie, I love you! Thank you for being a wonderful friend. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father takes such good care of us in so many ways.

(I love the autumn-ification of your blog!)