Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference

Taylor and I set up a special "conference desk" with projects for him to do while we watch. The General Authority cards are from sugardoodle.net. I'm going to print a second set to play memory.

Lylee loves books, so she really enjoyed the pile of kids church books that Taylor and I set out.


I love it when my kids are together. They crack me up when they both (very enthusiastically) lead the music for every song. Moments like this make being a mom the very best job in the world.

I decided to start some conference traditions.

The packets and various activities for the kids have been great. They not only allow me to hear some of conference, but the raise questions that have allowed us to share gospel information with the kids. These are priceless opportunities.

I made a sweet and salty Chex mix for snacking. (Dangerous but yummy!)

Last night during the priesthood session, Grandma, Jacci, the kids and I went to Jac's house. We made homemade pizza (the big boys got one after the priesthood session). I made fudge sauce and everyone contributed to ice cream sundaes which we ate after the big boys ate their pizza.

On Sunday, everyone can stay in their pjs as long as they want!

I think we're off to a good start. I can't wait to repeat and expand our traditions in October!


2 comments:

Becca said...

I love conference traditions. It makes it so fun to look forward to. We always have a special breakfast and have activity books. The kids also use the time to work on/learn cross-stitching or another project to keep their hands busy. I caught up on the kids' journals while I listened.

I can't wait for October conference either!

Natierae said...

I love your idea. The memory games is an awesome idea. I'm probably going to steal it. So I love Taylors look in the top picture. He's so cute.