Monday, February 11, 2008

Workshop Kid

About a month ago my dad took Taylor to Lowe's free worksop for kids to make a truck. Taylor thought this was the greatest thing ever! Every time that we even get close enough to see the Lowe's sign Taylor starts talking about "the workshop place".

Last Saturday, February 9th, they were making Valentine's mailboxes fot the workshop. Chris took Taylor and again it was the highlight of the week! They give each kid an apron and goggles. When the kids finish their project for the day they get a patch for Mom to sew on their apron. Taylor loves his "workshop clothes" and his special patches. I guess that Lowe's does these workshops every other Saturday. The boys, Taylor and Dad or Grandpa plan to make this a regular thing. What a great way to get kids interested in tools and building! I'm excited to have my own little handy man some day! Go Taylor!!!!



3 comments:

Kerstin said...

I heard about these workshops (Home Depot does them too)....I can't wait until Tildy is old enough. Then she can do "wood projects" like daddy!

Kerstin said...

Sorry my above comments were duplicated three extra times...so I deleted them...

Nat~Nat said...

Silly girl. I fixed it. Chris is looking forward to taking Lylee with them when she gets bigger.