Sunday, April 19, 2009

Big Dip 2009


Yesterday we actually went swimming for the first time this year. Taylor and Lylee had completely different experiences.

Lylee wasn't sure that she even wanted to get near the water, let alone in it. When she finally got in the water, she screamed. Then she clung to me like a baby koala until I peeled her off and onto Grandpa. She was thrilled when she got out and got to cuddle with everyone by the side of the pool.

Now Taylor gave everyone a big show. When we got in the back yard, Jacci was diving in. Taylor saw this and ran, literally ran, right down to the spot where Jacci had just been standing... and then he jumped in. That's right, my 4 1/2 year old just jumped right in the deep end of the pool! Jacci and Grandpa started swimming to save him (Jac even sacrificed a contact lens), but by the time they got there Taylor had already swum to the edge. He then informed me that he still needed his wings because "I still sink". It was all a bit surreal and miraculous.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Swimming already?! I can't believe it! I miss CA!

Jami said...

So funny!

Nat~Nat said...

Swimming, but not at Grandma's for long. They sold their house today. Jacci and I are going to get passes to the community pool.