Friday, April 10, 2009

One Long Week


Last weekend was our biggest General Conference ever. The kids wanted nothing to do with conference or the various activities that I had planned as diversions. Chris has been working his tail off for weeks, so the kids have been a bit of a mess.


On Monday, Taylor went to the dentist. He HAS to sit on my lap for his cleaning, but he's usually very mellow. He was a complete and total disaster from the minute that the hygienist started polishing his teeth. He had total meltdown at the dentist's office and again when I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home. I never knew that a Hershey Bar could cause such trauma. When we got home he started beating his sister on the back and screamed and yelled at all of us. (This is NOT NORMAL) Silly mom that I am, never thought to talk to the dentist about products that they use and food allergies! Thankfully, Grandma Vicki thought about it. I called the dentist's office and... yep! red dye in the polish, and... yep! strawberry flavoring in the fluffy white flouride. Benadryl! Benadryl! and more Benadryl! The poor kid still had hives this morning! Oh, and he also has 4 cavities, so we get to go back next Monday. Don't worry, they printed 20 pages worth of products and their ingredients so that we can avoid a repeat performance.


Tuesday, Chris's sister Stephanie flew in and when we got home from the airport everyone (kids included) joined in and started cleaning the garden out for Spring. We still have plants that are doing very well from our fall planting. We also got ready to plant our new little seeds for the summer!


Wednesday, we took Lylee to school. Then Steph and I took Taylor and Hyrum out to Folsom to get our allergy shots. Taylor got his shot, but the doc wanted to see me. Steph took the kids to play while I waited for the doc. She gave me all kinds of new allergy meds and told me that I had to wait for my shot until I was doing better (I've been so preoccupied with other things that I didn't even know how bad my allergies were). That afternoon I took Lylee to have a follow up visit with the pediatrician. She's still sick from how long ago? The doctor was a total jerk and actually physically seperated my two children who were just playing while he yammered on about things. Finally I just said, "Look, Lylee is still having breathing and coughing issues and I can't borrow my nephew's nebulizer forever. Can you please just get me a nebulizer and a RX for the medication to use in it?" He didn't even write the RX correctly. He didn't even know how to use it in the machine. They gave me a box with the machine, a stack of papers and sent me on my way. I came home and called Jac and asked her for the number of her pediatrician and made an appointment for the following day. (Did I mention that Lylee has been waking up coughing uncontrollably in the middle of every night?) I also made a double batch of banana bread and 50/50 Wheat Bread and got a visit from one of my Ogden friends, Tyra and her sister Rae Ann and their kids! ( My kids were in Heaven to have so many kids to play with!)


Thursday started with me at the dentist and a small filling (I have to be premedicated so I was a little loopy, a whole other story). Next, both kids got to go to their brand new pediatrician... paperwork... This doc is amazing! She checked out both kids very thoroughly and gave all kinds of good prescriptions. Preventative, maintenance and emergency meds. Allergy and excema meds for Taylor and asthma meds for Lylee. Yep, now we're on the asthma train too. I brought the kids and Miss Stephanie home (thanks Steph!), dropped off $80 worth of prescriptions at Target and ran to my other doc appt. that takes a minimum of 3 hours every time. I went back to Target to get the meds, but they weren't ready, so I hunted through the One Spot while I waited. By the time that I got home, both kids had been fed and put to bed. (Thanks again Steph!) Oh yeah, Chris is sick too. He had to go to the doctor before work and came home with his own arsenal of medications and remedies.


Today, Lylee went to school, I paid bills and Chris took the rest of crew to get the rest of the meds he needed and eggs to boil for Easter. After school, Lylee came home for a little nap before we all got to go back to school for Lylee's class Easter party. The kids had a blast at the party, Lylee loved hunting for eggs and she also got invited to a big kid birthday party. We brought the kids home and Steph watched them for us so that we could go out for our 11th Wedding anniversary. Chris and I went to Johnny Garlic's for dinner. It was really yummy. The waitress was awesome. She brought us a bag of bread to bring home and gave us a free Mint Pie since it was our anniversary. We will definately be going back!!! We also saw Fast and Furious. It was non-stop action. At least as good as the original. I also got the garden planted!


Tomorrow is breakfast with Greenpa and Taylor, workshop at Lowe's with Daddy, a baptism of one of our dear friends' son, and who knows what else!


This week was full of ups and downs. I guess I really was built to be a 2 kid mom. I had just enough in me to make it through the week. We really are given exactly what we can handle in life. Life is crazy, but it is also good. And look at my beautiful flowers!!!!



No comments: