Monday, April 13, 2009

My Hero

Last week when I took Taylor in for his 6 month check up the dentist found four sugar bugs (or cavities)! Yikes!!! How is this kid gonna sit still through four fillings??? He has to be on my lap for a regular cleaning. Well, a very wise Dr. Heather thought that a child's dose of valium might do the trick and her husband, Dr. Jason, agreed.
So this morning at 10:00 I gave Taylor his valium. I was so anxious that I just about needed one myself. There was no need. Taylor was amazing!
Taylor brought his favorite "pets", Turkilis the turtle and Cosmo the cougar. He also wore his Thomas sunglasses to keep the bright light out of his eyes. These were very helpful tips from Aunt Stephanie who is visiting and is a dental assistant.
We are a bit spoiled and get to watch TV at the dentist. Two of T's favorite shows were on. Ni Hao Kai Lin and Olivia! How lucky! The valium worked so well and the cavities were so small that Taylor did not even need any anesthetic at all!!! I'm still in shock and awe at how smooth everything went!


Taylor got to pick two treats from the toy box and a sugar free sucker. He picked a camo bouncy ball and some crayons.

Daddy had a super special treat waiting at home that he's been saving for a super special occasion. Well, today was definately the day. When we got home, Daddy gave Taylor Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii. (Taylor has really, really been wanting this game. He even asked me yesterday if he could use the money that he got from the Easter Bunny at Grandma's to buy it!)
What a great ending to a very long and hectic Spring Break!!!





No comments: