Wednesday, May 13, 2009

100 Things

Tonight the Young Women invited us to their "100 Dresses" activity. We were told a story about 100 dresses and the courage and strength of a young girl who was picked on and chose to take the high road. After the story, we were each challenged to do 100 of something. I came home with several ideas. I finally settled upon one. I am going to do 100 good deeds. Each deed can be for anyone and can be big or small. I will be keeping track of each one in a notebook. It should be fun to see what I come up with and if I see the effects of any of the deeds.

4 comments:

Becca said...

What a great idea! We have that book - it's so touching and I love how that started something more in the YW. Thank you for sharing this - a GREAT idea!

Jami said...

It is a great idea. I hope my girls come up with something good. ;)

I was thinking that getting out of bed 100 consecutive days might be my goal. Just kidding. Sort of.

Sarah said...

Hmm, I like your idea. I haven't thought of one yet. 100 is a lot of days!

It was good to see you.

Nat~Nat said...

My understanding is that it doesn't necessarily have to be 100 days, just 100 of something.

You could deliver 100 flowers anonymously just to make people happy. That would be about $200, but you could probably get a bulk deal.

You could read 100 books to your children.

You could read 100 chapters of scripture.

You could make 100 cards and send them to people that you think might like to get mail.

I could go on and on. This one just really hit a spot in me.

I am also doing 100 things that I am keeping to myself for 100 days.

I think I'm just at a point right now where this just really touched me.

Good luck to everyone who is taking the challenge! I'm sure it will make us each better for it!!!