Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Tea

Today was Lylee's Mother's Tea at preschool, but we had a stop to make first. This week was Teacher Appreciation Week, so we stopped at our favorite florist for 3 Gerber Daisies, one for each of Lylee's 3 preschool teachers, Miss Terri, Miss Molly and Miss Jen. Lylee loved picking out the flowers and loved giving them to her teachers even more. Each teacher was touched by the thought.
Lylee and I dressed and ready for our first mom and daughter tea. I think we should make it an annual event, school sponsored or not. Lylee loved to get all dressed up and she knew that it was a special occasion. It was the first time that she has eaten an Oreo and not spilled a single crumb. She was so careful to have good manners and eat neatly. It was a huge eye opener to see what a big girl my baby has become. She also loved and could tell how special it was to have a date for just the two of us. I love every minute that I get to be close to my sweet girl.

We were having so much fun that we decided to stay out a little longer and headed to Children's Orchard. I made two of my best finds yet, an adorable pink and white ballerina rocking chair for $5.99 and a Blue and White floral Tommy Hilfiger dress for $2.00 (It had a little pink spot on it, I came home, put a little stain treatment on it and the dress looks brand new.).




1 comment:

Jami said...

What a lovely angel! She's every bit as enchanting as you described her.