Friday, May 29, 2009

Another New Project


My sweet mother-in-law sent out a bit of her extra fabric for me to play with. JoAnn's had Simplicity patterns on sale 5 for $5 on Monday, so Cassie and I had fun picking out 10 new patterns! This dress is extra special because Aunt Cassie has a skirt out of the flower fabric and Taylor has a tie out of the green stripe fabric. Lylee loves the dress, but she also saw the Jacket on the pattern and wants that too. I told her I'd make one in the fall, after the days of 108* are over!
I think this is one of the most fun parts of having a little girl, I get to sew all kinds of things for her. I did find a pajama pattern for both kids and I'm going to attempt a tie and some boxers for Taylor too.
Maybe on Sunday I can get a pic of Taylor in his tie, Cassie in her skirt and Lylee in her dress. So fun!!!

4 comments:

mj said...

i want tie making lessons!

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

That sounds like lots of fun sewing! You make wonderful things, N.

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

Your fabric and handiwork is beautiful!

Nat~Nat said...

Maegan, The tie pattern is supposed to be in the mail. I'll let you know when I get it. My mother-in-law made one for Taylor and she says it's the simplest tie pattern that she's ever seen or used.